Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot!

What I'm about to tell you didn't actually happen today, it was yesterday but, too good to not tell.

Yesterday I took a trip to Multnomah Falls with five friends. We took two cars, mine was one of them. I have had a few problems with my car, but none recently so I felt pretty good taking my little red 94' Mazda. The weather was even perfect for my car, since I don't have air conditioning, we didn't have to roll the windows down and get blasted from the wind. Everything was going quite well, that is until these words left my mouth, "there's smoke coming out of my car"!

My car was hot! The little gauge was past the "h" and traffic was barely moving, which didn't help. I was able to pull over and let my car cool down, thinking the whole time of how bored we would be. I was on the verge of getting upset when one of my friends found a can of silly string (that was given to me by Ashley) in the back seat and started spraying us with it. I didn't know that silly string would come in handy just sitting in my car, but it did! Instead of being bored we had a silly string fight. There was also a very nice trucker that gave me two gallons of water, because the coolant I always have in my trunk wasn't there like it should have been.

We finally made it to Multnomah Falls and over all had a very fun trip. Thank goodness for silly string and thank goodness friends!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great story. I am going to start keeping silly string in my car, just in case.

    ReplyDelete