Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kindness

There are people that I come across now and then that really make me stop and think. People that are so friendly and cheerful that it just makes me happy.

If you have worked retail you know how physically draining and emotionally draining a day at work can be. The work is never ending and customers can be very demanding and just plain rude. There are however gems that come along and turn my whole mood upside down, and today I was fortunate enough to meet two of these gems.

The first was a sweet older women that I was helping at the register. I took over for my coworker in the middle of her transaction and right off the bat she had the kindest smile. I asked her how she was doing and she answered, " just great" then said, " I love your eyelashes!" When everything was finished I handed her her bag and said, "thanks for coming in today, have a great day!" She replied " you too, and I just love your eyelashes, so pretty!"

Seconed gem. I was helping a women find an item but we didn't have the color she wanted so we needed to order it from our in store kiosk. I have never used one of these things before today so I was a little worried but we figured it out together and it was pretty fun. She was so nice and patient and treated me like I saved the day.

These two women don't know it, but they made my day. I was not having a good day at work. I was tired and my feet hurt and was feeling so low that I wanted to just leave. Coming across these ladies and their happieness turned it all around.

They say happieness is contagious, and I believe it! When I meet people like that it makes me want to be a better person. I'm so greatful for people that make life brighter with thier kindness.

1 comment:

  1. That is the best! That is why I always try to be my most entertaining charming self when I am the customer - it can change a whole day!

    ReplyDelete